About Cosmetic Injections and Injectables – Birmingham
While facial plastic surgery is an effective way to fight the signs of aging and achieve a refreshed and rejuvenated appearance, some patients want an alternative that is less invasive and less expensive. The answer to their needs is injectable cosmetics. Aesthetic injections such as BOTOX®, Restylane®, and collagen at our Birmingham area practice can help greatly enhance a person’s overall appearance. During a consultation with Dr. Michael Maniscalco, your eligibility for cosmetic injection treatment will be assessed.
Advantages of Cosmetic Injections Over Plastic Surgery
When it comes to aesthetic enhancements, there are a number of advantages to cosmetic injections and dermal fillers, particularly when compared to the results of cosmetic surgery. Cosmetic injections are much more affordable than facial plastic surgery procedures. It also requires less time to perform a cosmetic injection treatment than a full plastic surgery procedure.
Perhaps the biggest advantage is that there is no lengthy recuperation or downtime with cosmetic injection treatments. Patients do not need to take time off work to heal after getting cosmetic injectables. Instead they can leave the practice and get on with their day.
Types of Cosmetic Injections
There are many different kinds of cosmetic injections out there to meet a patient’s needs. During a consultation at our Birmingham area practice, we’ll determine which cosmetic injections would be best for your needs. Below are some of the more popular cosmetic injections available:
- Restylane®: Restylane® is a hyaluronic acid-based dermal filler that’s perfect for many aesthetic needs.
- Collagen Injections: Collagen has been used for decades to fight wrinkles enhance facial features.
- ArteFill® / Artecoll®: ArteFill® (also known as Artecoll®) will enhance the facial features while also promoting natural collagen production.
- Juvéderm®: Juvéderm® is an excellent option if you’re looking for an effective hyaluronic acid-based wrinkle filler.
- Sculptra®: An effective anti-aging treatment and dermal filler, Sculptra® fills wrinkles and helps stimulate natural collagen production.
- Radiesse™: Formerly known as Radiance™, Radiesse™ is a filler injection with excellent, long-lasting results.
- BOTOX® Injections: BOTOX® cosmetic freezes muscles in the face and prevents the formation of wrinkles.
The Difference Between Dermal Fillers and BOTOX® Injections
Dermal fillers refer to the majority of cosmetic injections that are a specifically used to increase volume and enhance the size and shape of the injection site. BOTOX® injections do not enhance volume in an injection area but rather halt muscle contractions to prevent wrinkles from forming.
The Results of Cosmetic Injectable Treatment
The results of cosmetic injections and dermal fillers can be quite remarkable. Looking at these before and after photos of cosmetic injection patients, you’ll note that the anti-aging and wrinkle reduction achieved is comparable to plastic surgery. We can show you more before and after photos during your cosmetic injection consultation at our Vestavia Hills practice.
The effects of a cosmetic injection treatment will last several months to a year, and sometimes more in some cases. Repeat treatments can be performed safely as needed to maintain the cosmetic results.
Learn More About Cosmetic Injectables in Birmingham
Cosmetic injectables can provides excellent results that are comparable to cosmetic surgery without the downtime or expense. For more information about non-surgical aesthetic rejuvenation options, contact our Birmingham practice for dermal fillers and cosmetic injections today. The entire team here is eager to discuss your aesthetic goals in more detail.